ant-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
Subject Re: repository
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 07:35:39 GMT
Steve Loughran wrote:
> I have just committed a repository task. In theory it will support
> repositories other than maven, but there is only maven support right
> now.
> <getlibraries destDir="${lib.dir}">
>     <mavenrepository/>
>     <library archive="commons-logging"
>         project="commons-logging" version="1.0.1"/>
> </getlibraries>
> Still to do:
> -a good security model. Verifying MD5 on the ibiblio site is inadequate.
> -extract proxy info from the current JVM.
> -the test failure on resolving references.

I applaude this effort :-)

Maybe you know the Depot project in the Incubator... well, we are
closing it for lack of development. I should have known better, but we
always learn something.

In any case, there is some code there that you may want to
grab-use-whatever, or even grab it all and use it in Ant. It's already
in Apache, so you an just go there and grab it.

There are also Ant tasks.

Nicola Ken Barozzi
             - verba volant, scripta manent -

To unsubscribe, e-mail: