ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <jalbe...@cellectivity.com>
Subject RE: local properties
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2004 16:06:18 GMT
Let me get to your comments first :-)

> From: Peter Reilly [mailto:peterreilly@apache.org]
>
> Yes I have seen it.
> I do not like it, - the ${@{var}} syntax is a bit ikky ;-)
> However, it does solve the macrodef use case  so if  people
> go for it, I would have no objection.!

The syntax is no different of one having a regular attribute which
passes a name of a property. So I see no reason to add a special
syntax for it. Not that it is imposible, but I do not see the need.

We could add some syntax sugar like $@{var} - @${var} or something else
but I really do not see the need as the notation just needs 1 min
of explaining in the <macrodef/> page.

> Peter
>
> >The full implementation provides some additional features to
> help you
> >control the scope of <let/> on <antcall>s and such but all
> is based on
> >the current machinery. No changes to CORE at all.
> >
> >If you allow me to post it, or if you look at the example,
> you can get
> >a flavor for it.
> >

> You should place this as an attachment to the local buzilla report

I will once I get home and after dinner tonight :-)

Jose Alberto