ant-dev mailing list archives

From "R Smith" <oniloll...@hotmail.com>
Subject Performing a task besides e-mail upon failure
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 00:07:56 GMT
Hi.  I am trying to find out if you can use Ant to perform some alternative
task besides e-mail if some of your main tasks fail.  More specifically, I
am trying to do the following:

I am running an automated build process.  First, I increment a build number.
  Then I pull code from Subversion and build.  Next, I run some unit tests,
and after that I run FxCop.  If any of these tasks fail, I want to do more
than simply send out an e-mail message.  That is, upon some failure, I want
to use "svnlook" in Subversion to find out what developers have checked in
since the last successful build and then send out e-mail with this
information.

In Ant, is there a way to invoke some task at the end like "svnlook" if
something has failed?  Or do I need to use something additional to
accomplish this, like batch files?

Thanks for any info on this.

-rs