ant-dev mailing list archives

From "R Smith" <oniloll...@hotmail.com>
Subject Directly accessing log messages for sending out e-mails manually
Date Thu, 21 Oct 2004 22:03:36 GMT
Hi.  Up to this point, I have been using Ant's built-in functionality to
send e-mails when there are errors in my build.  That is, I've been starting
off with the following line in my batch file:

@call ant -logger org.apache.tools.ant.listener.MailLogger -buildfile
build.xml main

Now, however, I have decided to use <trycatch> blocks from Ant-Contrib
because I need more flexibility.  So far I've gotten the <trycatch> blocks
to work (yay!), but unfortunately I'm not able to capture the entire log
message in a property, only the error message.  What I want to know is:

1) Is there a way to access the log message directly so that I can send in
out using a <mail>task in my <catch> block?  Right now I'm able to send the
error message only, but I want the entire log message as well.

2) Does the <catch> block automatically negate anything that the MailLogger
would send out?  In other words, I notice that when my <catch> block gets
called, the MailLogger never sends out its typical message, which is OK with
me actually.  I'm just wondering if it's even worth bothering to use the
MailLogger at all, or if I should just get rid of it since I want to send
out mail in my <catch> blocks.

Thanks for any help!!

-rs