ant-dev mailing list archives

From Wascally Wabbit <wascallywab...@earthling.net>
Subject RE: local properties
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2004 17:16:47 GMT
    1) It's like polluting a tranditional program's variable space
       with stuff the application did not explicitly cause -- it makes
       debugging more difficult (and confusing if the results of the
       Ant execution is published in a readonly format like a website).

    2) The previous statement might seem trivial if you only use Ant
       to run build scripts. However, I personally dig Ant because I
       can use it to do other kinds of things. In particular, Ant is
       the foundation script and launch harness for our test management
       system. Being able to remove the "Ant fixture bits" from the
       test configuration and other system under test bits (and this
       includes Ant components) is really important to us. The more
       kruft Ant spews into the "Ant fixture bits" the more difficult
       it becomes for a QA person to pick out what's important when
       something fails.

       Unless we limit what Ant components the QA/Dev team can use
       (we *really* don't want to do this), scrubbing what gets captured
       as the "Ant fixture bits" becomes difficult.

Is there no way to remove the scoped properties once the target
and/or task container is finished?

OK, enuf whining.
The Wabbit