ant-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Miller <Mike.Mil...@jda.com>
Subject Creating xml file within new ant task
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2004 15:10:52 GMT
Hi all,

I am creating my first ant task and was looking for recommendations
regarding creating an xml file as output of my task. I have coded and tested
the task using JDOM and it works fine. Since I used JDOM, I assume that I
will also need to 'provide' the jdom.jar along with my ant task so that
users can 'find the jar'.

I know that Ant ships alot of jars as part of the product, so is there some
sort of 'standard xml usage' that developers should follow? Something like
JAXP or Xerces? I guess I am trying to reduce the libraries that I provide
since Ant already has access to xml jars.

Mike Miller
JDA Software Group, Inc.
7501 Ester's Blvd, Suite 100
Irving, Texas 75063