ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/types CommandlineJava.java PropertySet.java
Date Thu, 28 Oct 2004 13:56:04 GMT

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:00:12 +0100, Peter Reilly
<peterreilly@apache.org> wrote:
 > Steve Loughran wrote:
 >

 > > How about we just call toString() on every value; its a no-op on all
 > > strings, and robust on odd stuff?
 >
 > This will not work, as we need to call properties.propertyNames() to get
 > the names.
 > propertyNames will trigger the Cast exception.

aah.

we could prescan the properties and catch any that are of the wrong time
and string-them-up(*) . It wont do anything for stuff up the chain, of
course.

-steve

(*) UK term for execution by hanging. which used to take place at the
top of my road, >=two hundred years back.