ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: repository
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 16:16:00 GMT

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 17:07:05 +0200, Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org>
wrote:
 > On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org> wrote:
 >
 > > -extract proxy info from the current JVM.
 >
 > HttpClient doesn't honor the settings <setproxy> would create?

I don't think so. I think it does it better (you set it per connection),
but we can
extract the proxy settings from the JVM and use them.

 > Any idea whether this is going to work/compile against HttpClient
 > 3.0alpha.  I'd like to add it to Gump, of course.  We have two
 > different HttpClient projects in Gump since CVS HEAD became vastly
 > incompatible to the latest released 2.x versions.

add it to gump and see :)

I have noticed that the API has changed, but dont know how incompatibly.

There is actually a strong case for (a) factoring out some of the
tasks.Get code and
(b) reusing that in HttpRepository, just so that we dont need commons
logging and http client before we can bind to a repository to download
libraries. A little bootstrap thingy. I just used http client because I
was lazy and wanted code that worked properly.

-steve