ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: repository
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 10:13:15 GMT

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 03:18:11 +0200, Stephen McConnell
<mcconnell@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]

tasks/optional/repository

 > 2. Where is the hosts sequence declared?

aah, that would be in the docs that I havent generated.

You can declare a repository like this:-

<mavenrepository url="http://some-http-server" />

we default to ibibio.

You should be able to refer to an existing repository, but that bit is
broken. I think I was trying to be too clever
  Repository  is abstract
  HttpRepository extends Repository is also abstract
  MavenRepository extends HttpRepository  - this is the one that is
declared as an ant datatype
  RepositoryRef extends Repository -this is only used for ref resolution

But ref resolution is broken. I think if I made repository un abstract
but had its fetch() method throw a fault all would be well.

We dont support non-http(s) repositories (IMO, file repositories should
be allowed too)

 > 3. What happens when the group id is different from the artifact id?

that is precisely what you want when you have a project creating
different artefacts

 > 4. Where is timestamp policy management declared?

if the dest file exists, its timestamp is used in the if-modified-since
header of the get request; not-modified files are not downloaded. It
does not yet parse the timestamp of the response message and set the
file time to it, which is something to consider.

 > 5. What is the policy concerning SNAPSHOT artifacts?

Nothing explicit. If you have a version like "NIGHTLY", "LATEST" then
that would get pulled down and timestamp checking would pick up later
changes.

-steve