ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Reilly <>
Subject Re: local properties
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 13:02:25 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, Peter Reilly <> wrote:
>>Ok, I am modifying the local patch to do:
>><target name="example">
>>  <let>
>>    <localproperty name="prop" value="a local value"/>
>>    <echo>prop is ${prop}</echo>
>>  </let>
>This is what you get when you say "do as you please, I don't have time
>to fight for my solution"?  I should try it more often ;-)
Well, I still think that implicit containers are the best solution, but
when I
was coding <localproperty> for <macrodef> I saw that It would be
annoying for thirdparty tasks to implement something similiar - so it
would be better to have a method in ant core to provide local properties
without a need  to code for them. This can be provided by a localproperty

>To unsubscribe, e-mail:
>For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: