ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Reilly <peter.rei...@corvil.com>
Subject Re: local properties
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 12:02:03 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>Nicer?  Maybe.  I still think a special task container would be
>cleaner since it provided explicit scoping and might even help us
>route around the "custom PropertyHelpers problem".  Something like
>
><target name="example">
>  <let>
>    <local name="prop" value="a local value"/>
>    <echo>prop is ${prop}</echo>
>  </let>
></target>

Ok, I am modifying the local patch to do:

<target name="example">
  <let>
    <localproperty name="prop" value="a local value"/>
    <echo>prop is ${prop}</echo>
  </let>
</target>

So, Task, Target, Parallel do not get changed.

I also think that the nested localproperty for the macrodef task can be
dropped
initially. It would be easier to explain just one container for local
properties/

Peter