ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: local properties
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2004 17:17:56 GMT

1. I like the implementation simplicity of Jose's solution. We chould
check it in now and see how well it works in practice, with the warnign
we can pull it right up to the moment Ant1.7.0 ships.

2. I also like the conceptual model of <local> for anyone experienced in
using local variables. It does introduce a lot of changes all the way
through the runtime. I dont think anything that is defined before the
local gets in there should be shadowed incidentally, as if the macro
goes on to call <ant > into some other target, I may want that other
target's declarations overriden on the command lline or in a properties
file.

Regarding nesting of property resolution, which is also on that thread
${${b}.c} this reminds me too much of pointers. If we want something
like that, lets have a hashtable-like syntax

${myprops[${b}]}

-steve