ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Reilly <peterrei...@apache.org>
Subject Re: dynamic declarations of conditions
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2004 15:52:30 GMT
Steve Loughran wrote:

> So now we have (assuming gump works) a new condition in Ant
> <IsPingable> that is only there when Java1.5 is present. Which means
> that we cannot hard code it into the condition task, but instead rely
> on dynamic typing and loading.
>
> Which is fine, except that we still need to declare the new condition
> on startup, and we only typedef and taskdef the defaults.properties in
> /types and /tasks, dont we?

The defaults.properties in /types is the place to put the new condition.

It already contains some optional types -
scriptfilter and classfileset for example.

> So what do we do for everything else
>
> (a) have a new antlib we load on startup with extra bits. NB: does
> this fail if stuff is missing? I'd like to mark the condition as an
> optional load.

In an antlib, one marks an optional type/task by using the
onerror="ignore" attribute.

> (b) completely migrate over to antlib for all our declarations.

I was a bit worried about doing this as it would effect startup time.

Peter