ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject dynamic declarations of conditions
Date Fri, 08 Oct 2004 15:29:21 GMT

So now we have (assuming gump works) a new condition in Ant <IsPingable>
that is only there when Java1.5 is present. Which means that we cannot
hard code it into the condition task, but instead rely on dynamic typing
and loading.

Which is fine, except that we still need to declare the new condition on
startup, and we only typedef and taskdef the defaults.properties in
/types and /tasks, dont we?

So what do we do for everything else

(a) have a new antlib we load on startup with extra bits. NB: does this
fail if stuff is missing? I'd like to mark the condition as an optional
load.

(b) completely migrate over to antlib for all our declarations.

(c) something else.

Thoughts?