ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/util FileUtils.java JavaEnvUtils.java
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 08:39:27 GMT
0. I don't have access to a VAX myself (unless I grab the source and
try cross compiling to x86 and hosting in a vmware window :)

1. I think because java has a special -v option, it doesn't need the
launcher script. But in that case, it doesn't make any difference and
could be left consistent with the rest.

2. See #1. As forking rmic uses java, it will get this for free.

3. we need tests.

(a) Something that compiles a very long file and then runs rmic over it

(b) java executable that does some side effect (like touching a file)
or argv[0], ignores args>0, so we can try calling it with v.long paths

(c) simple unit test for the new javautils