ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: repository
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 20:40:42 GMT
--- Russell Gold <russgold@gmail.com> wrote:
> How does this compare with
> <http://www.httpunit.org/doc/dependencies.html>,
> which has been listed
> on the external tools page for several weeks - a
> task which, when I
> offered it two months ago, was rejected with the
> comment that such
> tasks don't belong in ant proper?

As I recall, I asserted that this would be the
prevailing attitude at that time.  Dominique, then
teetering at the very _brink_ of "committerhood," held
the opinion that this type of thing would likely cross
the line into being a necessity in the future.  My
diagnosis was based on my observations of the
community process more than anything.  I don't recall
the topic getting any more negative than that (but I'm
too lazy to go look).

-Matt