ant-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Ball <Tom.B...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Performing a task besides e-mail upon failure
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 23:50:47 GMT
On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, R. Smith <onilollaig@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi.  I am trying to find out if you can use Ant to perform some
> > alternative task besides e-mail if some of your main tasks fail.

Instead of using Ant as a golden hammer for all build problems, consider
instead using an Ant-friendly free tool that focuses on build
automation, such as CruiseControl
(http://cruisecontrol.sourceforge.net/).  I first read about it in the
excellent book, Pragmatic Project Automation:

  http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/starter_kit/au/index.html

This book describes lots of alternative build monitor options, from
automatic paging, RSS feeds with IDE dashboard plug-ins, even
build-controlled red and green lava lamps for the break room.

Tom