ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Mohan Gunupati" <>
Subject Help on file read
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 20:58:11 GMT

Hi Guys,
I need some help, before getting to you I tried myself and the web,
even some books.
Here is what I have been trying to do and achieve.
I want read a file containing strings ( a word in each line)  and I
want to iterate a new target for each line existing.
ex: lets say file1.txt contains
I want to iterate, through the file and read each string and pass that
string to a new target.
I want or read a file (step-1, done) in a target( target-1) and for
each row in the file (step-2, ?) (iterate for each row in the file) run

I am able to read the file using <loadfile>, the limitation is it
returns everything as one property ( which is one string containing all
rows). I need more like an array or some object which is iterates.
I also figured, this is something todo for ant2. Don't know if there is
an alternative.
Your time and help is much appreciated.
Mohan Gunupati.