ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IntrospectionHelperTest failed on OS X
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2004 14:38:52 GMT

<http://ant.apache.org/manual/develop.html#nested-elements>

,----
| What happens if you use more than one of the options? Only one of the
| methods will be called, but we don't know which, this depends on the
| implementation of your Java virtual machine.
`----

So if both methods take the exact same argument type, the answer is
"it depends".  If they are different, it doesn't really matter since
the sorting algorithm for the extension list doesn't look at the
method names, only the argument types.  So the "higher derived" one
will always come first.

> What if I have add(HashMap) and addConfigured(Map)? Who's suppose to
> be first (win), the first one or the second?

HashMap, no matter how the methods are called.

> This also brings up the fact that there are no nightly builds of Ant
> on MasOS X I guess...

We used to run Gump on one, but the installation went a little
unmaintained.

> Is Ant supposed to rely exclusively on the few Gump instances to
> sample the various OS's it's supposed to run on?

Ant is supposed to rely largely on committers and developers and users
running all flavors of OSes 8-)

Stefan