ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IntrospectionHelperTest failed on OS X
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2004 18:50:32 GMT
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Which makes me wonder if OS vendors could be persuaded
> to donate boxes running their OS to the ASF

They do.

nagoya, the machine running bugzilla is a Solaris box donated by Sun.
moof is a MacOS X box donated by Apple.  brutus - the machine running
Gump - has been donated by IBM, there is a machine in the Netherlands
waiting to start action donated by HP ...  I'm afraid I may have
forgotten something, the list is probably incomplete.

So yes, vendors can be persuaded and we happily accept, if we also
have people who know how to administrate the machines, that is.

Usually the machines are no "real" donations, more like "here you can
use it, but it remains mine".  Our PRC (public relations committee) is
the contact if you know anybody else you'd like to persuade 8-)

Stefan