ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ant 1.6.3
Date Mon, 06 Sep 2004 10:07:26 GMT
On Wed, 25 Aug 2004, Conor MacNeill <conor@cortexebusiness.com.au>
wrote:

> The choices I see for branch management are:
>
> 1. Keep going the way we are now - i.e. applying changes to both
> HEAD and the active branch.

painful.

> 2. Keep going as we do now but make sure branches are shorter
> lived.

As long as we agree that there can be a 1.10 after 1.9.2 I'm fine with
it.

> 3. Move to a model where bug fixes are applied to branches *only*
> and merged in a more controlled fashion either at release points or
> on a more regular basic (weekly, monthly).

Wearing my Gump hat, this sounds really bad.  If we introduce a new
feature in Ant we use Gump to testdrive it for backwards
compatibility.  Having known bugs inside the test drive doesn't seem a
good idea to me.

Stefan