ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de
Subject AW: AW: cvs commit: ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant PropertyHel per . java
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 09:59:04 GMT
> >Maybe the implementation of java.io.File.length() has changed?
> >
> I do not think so.
>
> I tested with jdk1.4.2 and jdk1.5.0 on linux

Neither do I, but that would explain that :)
Ok, how to deal with that?

a) pass different sizes from the buildfile to the testcase depending on JDK
version
b) let the testcase evaluate the current JDK version and skip that testcase
on 1.2
c) ???

IMO we should focus on 1.4 if we dont find any explanation on that
behaviour. If we couldn
fix that, just document that and let the testcase ignore that error. Not
fine, but
possible ...

Jan