ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Where should the dotnet sandbox go?
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2004 12:10:04 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> Hi
>
> it seems as if my little experiment with <nunit> and friends has found
> at least a few people who want to use it, so I'm now at the point to
> decide on its future.

> (3) start a new Antlibs subproject of Ant and make this (one of) its

+1 for this. we always had this in our scope, and the .net package is
the right one. We may want to move
the existing .net task suite in there too.

>     founding component(s).
>
> My opinions:
>
> (1) isn't fair considering the number of people we send away.  I'd
> feel like abusing my committer power.  The target audience for the
> tasks simply isn't big enough.

you could say that about the .net tasks that are in there, but we get
irregular bugreps on them.

> (2) works for me.
>
> (3) works for me as well and would be my preference.  In particular if
> Steve or anybody else of the committers want to work on it as well.

on-and-off. the more .net coding I do, the more I would spend on it.

> This would require thinking about that new subproject's agenda and how
> we'd decide which components get added or how to distribute commit
> access, but I don't want to go into detail here, without knowing
> whether this is something the rest of the committers/PMC would like to
> see happen.

It has always been on the plan, both in management terms, and in the
whole <antlib> design. So let's do it.

I'd go for separate projects with their own release schedule, maybe
initially one project
ant-antlibs with subprojects underneath, for ease of operation.