ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Reilly <peterrei...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant PropertyHel per . java
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 08:58:29 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Sep 2004, Peter Reilly <peterreilly@apache.org> wrote:
>

>>The only difference between them is that version 1.2 has a new line
>>character at the end of the line and version 1.1 does not have the
>>new line character.
>>

>Mea culpa.  The change has been necessary and I should have documented
>it.
>

>>The file is used for the CheckSum tests as well as the Selector
>>tests, so I think that the fix is to modify the Selector test that
>>fails.
>>

>Why doesn't the test fail for me?  And why doesn't it fail in Gump?

It did fail for you with jdk1.2!.

>OS?  Both me and Gump (on Brutus) are using Linux.

I do not know.
The test is simple - a size selector of type "equal" and a size of "32"
and a list
of files and directories.
I was thinking of using an "X" for the test for the file (to correspond
to don't care) but
made the change to "F" as the filesize of the tested file would change
to "33" on linux/mac
and "34" in Dos (I assume).
And then wait to see what gump will say.

Peter