ant-dev mailing list archives

From Holger Krauth <Holger.Kra...@danet.de>
Subject ANT Taks: CheckTokens
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 10:31:32 GMT
Hallo ANT-Developers,

I would like to contribute code to ANT.

It is a <checktokens> we use together with tokenfiltering inside <copy>.

-------- Question:
(that I didnt find answered neither in FAQ nor in "Contributing")

Is it possible (is someone willing to spend time) that I send you code
inside a demo-project, that comes with jdoc comments, a TestCase, a manual
and a build.xml for demo purposes for you to examine, and possibly take it
an integrate it into your CVS the way you like to have it (or tell me
where to put it or what to change on it)?

If yes: whom may I send a chechtokens.tar.gz?
If no: Please shortly "why?": Is it about the code? About what the Task does? ...

-------- Details:
We use token filtering (inside <copy>) to build applications' properties files for
different environments, e.g. test environment, production environment.

I was missing a feature in the copy task that warns me
(a) if a token could not be given a value and/or
(b) if a value file contains token values that are never used.

Therefore I have written a CheckTokens (extends Task) which we run before every deploy/compile.

-------- Example:
If someone adds a filter token in our "application.properties" e.g. "warn.mail.to=@warn.mail.to@"
and added
the token value in his "local.properties": "warn.mail.to=myself@company.com", his testing
on the "local"-built
applications will send him warning mail.
If he forgot to supply a token value in file "production.properites", we would never get warning
mail from out
"production"-built application.

When using "CheckTokens" our build will fail immediately during development phase.

Waiting for your answer!

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind Regards
   Holger Krauth

--  Holger Krauth               Danet GmbH                     --
--  fon: +49-(0)711-13353-52    Waldburgstrasse 17-19          --
--  Holger.Krauth@danet.de      D-70563 Stuttgart              --