ant-dev mailing list archives

From Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject Re: Ant 1.6.3
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2004 07:14:24 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> Wearing my Gump hat, this sounds really bad.  If we introduce a new
> feature in Ant we use Gump to testdrive it for backwards
> compatibility.  Having known bugs inside the test drive doesn't seem a
> good idea to me.

I think it comes down to the relative timeframe for these operations.

Firstly, if a bug is a Gump showstopper, it would be merged pretty
quickly. If not, then I don't see that much of an issue. Since the merge
timeframe, even at a week or month, is still much shorter than the
release timeframe the number of Gump runs with the known bug would be
relatively small, compared to the number of eventual runs with the fix.

Conor