ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Sarika Sahni" <ssa...@simdesk.com>
Subject Error starting modern compiler on Linux
Date Mon, 20 Sep 2004 21:13:23 GMT
Hi,

I am new to Ant and am trying to compile some java sources on Linux. I have the ANT_HOME,
JAVA_HOME and ANT_OPTS setup correctly on Linux machine but compiling the Java sources keeps
giving me the error "Error starting modern compiler" followed by system out of resources:
Java.land.outOfMemoryError. I tried changing the heap allocation size via the ANT_OPTS parameter
varying from -Xmx256M to -Xmx600M, but to no avail.

I can get my Java sources to compile fine on the Windows machine with heap size -Xmx256M.
Also, I can compile my CPP sources fine on Windows and Linux setup using Make. Wonder what
is wrong with my system configuration for Java compile on Linux.

I appreciate any help on this and sorry to repeat it this has already been posted in past.

Thanks,
Sarika