ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Weighill-Smith" <phil.weighill-sm...@volantis.com>
Subject RE: Bug in the "glob" file mapper?
Date Sat, 14 Aug 2004 11:39:18 GMT
Having got to this point in the conversation, it seems to me that the documentation and the
implementation do not match. So, is this a bug or should the documentation be updated?

Phil :n.

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Alexey N. Solofnenko [mailto:A.Solofnenko@mdl.com]
	Sent: Fri 13/08/2004 22:45
	To: Ant Developers List
	Subject: Re: Bug in the "glob" file mapper?

	Sometimes you do not know exact path, because some products like to put
	version number into base directory name (I really hate it, but it is
	just common practice). If you know that there is exactly one file with a
	given name, sometimes it is easier to use <fileset includes="**/name"/>
	instead of specifying full file name and change it every time somebody
	decides to change library build number.

	- Alexey.