ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Request for more access to IntrospectionHelper-stored info
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2004 14:05:36 GMT
> From: Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de [mailto:Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de]
> > What I'd like from autocreated stuff is
> > -readable docs
> > -ability to include samples
> > -linking to nested types
> > -index docs
> > -ease of use by other projects that create ant tasks.
> >
> > we are not there -yet.
>
> Dont forget alternative formats: XML, PDF, TeX, Docbook, POD :)

Keep pilling it on guys! No pressure, right ;-)

I just got the IntrospectionHelper patch in yet, so not much...

Something else not mentioned so far is runnable examples, i.e.
all examples can be extracted and actually run, with the output
possibly recorded. And if that's impractical or not possible,
at least type check them for attribute/nested-elements validity.

Yeah, tall order! --DD