ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject Request for more access to IntrospectionHelper-stored info
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2004 13:47:25 GMT
I'm working on a combination task/doclet to document Ant tasks/types.

Currently, Ant gives access to enumerations of names for attributes
and nested elements for a given type thru IntrospectionHelper, and
once one has a name, the Java Class for that attribute/nested-element,
but on the other hand it does not provide access to the actual method
used to set the attribute or add/create the nested elements.

My goal is to extract the Javadoc comments from the appropriate method
for a given attribute/nested-element, out of the doclet, but I don't
want to recode a brittle mapping from attribute name back to the
corresponding Java method, especially when Ant already has this info,
albeit with no public accessor.

Furthermore, the new Ant 1.6+ add[Configured](Class) extensions points
stored in addTypeMethods are again not accessible publicly at all.

Does anyone objects to adding access to this information? Thanks, --DD