ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey N. Solofnenko" <A.Solofne...@mdl.com>
Subject Re: Bug in the "glob" file mapper?
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2004 21:20:07 GMT
Should not you use:

<mkdir dir="${dest}/internal"/>
<copy todir="${dest}/internal" flatten="true">
  <fileset dir="${source}" includes="**/ant.jar"/>
</copy>

?

- Alexey.

Phil Weighill-Smith wrote:

>(Sorry if this message is HTML: having to use Outlook Web Access and don't know how to
control the mail format!)

>Thanks for the info. Note that the documentation for the file mappers states that "to"
and "from" can "contain at most one '*'", which implies to me that they can legitimately have
zero stars. In this particular case the fileset defined selects just one file, ant.jar, which
is what I want to copy to a different directory. The problem is that I don't know (in the
Ant script) the exact path to the ant.jar so I'm using "**/ant.jar":

><copy todir="${dest}">
>    <fileset dir="${source}" includes="**/ant.jar"/>
>    <mapper type="glob" from="*/ant.jar" to="internal/ant.jar"/>
></copy>
>
>What I want to do is copy the one and only "${source}/.../ant.jar" to "${dest}/internal/ant.jar".
Because the Ant script is itself generated (generically) such that the copy "todir" attribute
is fixed as "${dest}" I can't simply set that to "${dest}/internal" and use a flatten mapper
which is what I'd otherwise do.

>If you can think of a way of doing this processing with just changing the body content
of the copy element and not the copy element itself I'd love to know the solution! Perhaps
the regexp mapper would do this?