ant-dev mailing list archives

From Dale Anson <dan...@germane-software.com>
Subject Re: ant -projecthelp not working under certain conditions...
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2004 20:01:38 GMT
Rob,

Also look at bug 27722. There are other issues with -projecthelp, it
might be good to roll them all up together.

Dale

Anderson, Rob (Global Trade) wrote:

> I have an issue with the use of ant -projecthelp. I have a build file that will load
properties from a file based on the value of a property passed in on the command line. Here
is a little build file to illustrate my point...

> <project name="LPO Automation" basedir="." default="build">
> <property file="${env}.properties"/>
>
> <fail unless="env">
> Please specify the environment on the command line...
>         ant -Denv=environment target</fail>
>
> <target name="build"/>
> <target name="target_a"/>
> <target name="target_b"/>
> <target name="target_c"/>
> </project>
>
> Now with the build file above running 'ant -p' shows no output. In order to see the available
targets I must run 'ant -Denv=something -p'. I would prefer that 'ant -p' work as without
having to add the -Denv=something option. If that is not possible, it would be great if the
fail task reported the failure so the user is not wondering why there is no output from 'ant
-p'. I would like to open a change request for this issue, but I would like to get some consensus
from the developers on the best way to address this issue. The two options I have come up
with are: