ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: new task to execute TeX
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2004 13:05:12 GMT
Stefan Wachter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I developed a simple task that can be used to process a fileset of TeX
> files. If you think that task is useful to others too, then you may
> include it in the Ant distribution. You may choose to change the package
> where I decided to place the task.
>
> Cheers,
> --Stefan
>
>  <target name="pdf" depends="compile, context">
>    <tex dir="${stammPdfBuildDir}" includes="**/*.tex" verbose="false"
> mode="context"/>
>  </target>

It is useful, but I dont think its core enough to go into the Ant
distro. We will happily link to wherever you host it, such as on
sourceforge. A <bibtex> task with it would be nice too.

Couple of questions

1. how do you do dependency logic?

2. how do you know how many times to run tex?

3. what if I want LaTeX?

-steve