ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject rmic and forking
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 17:10:07 GMT

Turns out that forking isnt working yet

(a) the classpath isnt being picked up or something;

(b) even though the runtime prints an error, that error does not feed
back into the rmic task

I have test cases for this and an about to check everything in -with the
forking tests turned off so the main build doesnt break.

Also I added a new compiler option:
  "default"  - this gives you the default for the platform, whatever it
is. (kaffe or sun), without you having to decide in advance what it will
be.

And, the semantics of compiler="" have been formalised to mean
"build.rmic if set, default if not". setting build.compiler="" gives you
the default one.

Yes, we have tests for this.

One other I added was verification of classloading and failure
propagation. I think it is another classpath problem, but not a defect.

-Steve