ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/dotnet WsdlToDotnet.java
Date Tue, 03 Aug 2004 10:48:57 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Aug 2004, Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org> wrote:
>
>>Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>>>Ouch.
>>>What are you going to do when the next SDK beta fixes the error?
>>
>>I dont think they will fix it, I think they believe it is correct :)
>

> Hmm, OK.  I don't want to start another spel(l)ing discussion.

well, there are some MS people wanting to talk to the axis team
regarding interop issues. I will bring up spelling of parseable as one
of our show stoppers :)

>>We could change the name of the tag in our task so it doesnt use the
>>same keyword;
>

> probably best since people would be confused otherwise.
>

>>ps, 1. I have mono on the box
>

> Linux or Win?

linux. suse 9.1pro.

>>2. I wonder if we could fix that mono relative file problem by
>>turning all file refs into file: URLs?
>

> Unfortunately we can't - I've already tried that.  Mono's wsdl.exe
> doesn't seem to recognize file:// as protocoll.

yeah, just filed a bug on that.

Actually, the file:// protocol turns out to be best of all for Windows,
because then it correctly resolves relative references for importation.
Given that all the <schema> stuff I added yesterday was to do that, if I
send a file:// reference to the compiler, there was no need to do it.
(cant have been for mono, can it :)

I am thinking that when isMono==false, we turn the file reference not
into an absolute reference, but a file: URL.

whatever, because I am using includes, mono's wsdl cannot generate the
code I need. There are hints, however, that if I run "mono wsdl.exe "
with the MS version of wsdl, all is well (other WsdL bugs on mono
bugzilla). So maybe we should add a way to run that. This leads to a
choice of runtimes of more than just net/mono but

ms
mono
ms-on-mono

which looks like the beginnings of an enum to me.

-steve