ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Harrah <friz...@charter.net>
Subject Getting started contributing to Ant - Confused
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2004 14:16:57 GMT
Sorry if this is a duplicate....

Isn't there a FAQ for getting started contributing to Ant? The only thing I've seen is how
to get the source from CVS (which I've done), but I'm feeling a little stupid here.

For example:
1) When I do a build of Ant from the source, I get a load of Manifest only jars.  Is this
normal?

2) When I create a java project using Eclipse and point to the Ant source, most of it won't
compile because of missing classes.  Am I supposed to gather all the third-party jars that
Ant supports and add them to the classpath?  Doesn't seem practical what with needing to pay
for WebSphere, WebLogic, etc.

3) Are there special coding conventions to follow that are specific to the Ant project?

Thanks in advance for any help.