ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: new Task subclass
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 14:53:09 GMT
On Thu, 22 Jul 2004, Jose Alberto Fernandez
<> wrote:

> But if we tell people that in if/unless now you can put expressions
> and then give no implementation in core...

We already tell people they can plug in whatever kind of strange thing
they want into ${xyz} expansion - without giving them anything that
plain expansion in the core.  I don't see this as a problem, other
than that information on how to do it is absolutely unaccessable, I
wouldn't really know how to do it myself, for example.

We would need to get PropertyHelper involved for <target>, but I don't
see that we really need more inside Ant's core.  Provide a separate
download for a JXPath PropertyHelper.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message