ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: new Task subclass
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 11:19:06 GMT
On Thu, 22 Jul 2004, Jose Alberto Fernandez
<jalberto@cellectivity.com> wrote:
>> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
>>
>> On Thu, 22 Jul 2004, Jose Alberto Fernandez
>> <jalberto@cellectivity.com> wrote:
>>
>> > As per if/unless itself, I really would like to explore
>> more what some
>> > people have suggested about having a richer language than just
>> > set/unset.
>>
>> PropertyHelper?
>>
>> IOW, I think we already have the infrastructure needed to do
>> that in Ant's core.
>
> Yeap.
>
> Still, do if/unless get property expanded (do not remember anymore).

No, you are correct.

> What nice syntaxes are out there for a PropertyHelper?

The sandbox contains implementations for JEXL and JXPath, for example.
A version that uses JavaScript, Jython, whatever via BSF would be
trivial.

> (does it has to become core?)

I don't think so.  It may become a separate distribution of the Apache
Ant project, if that helps.  I don't believe in distributions that
contain everything you may ever need.

> So, PropertyHelper in not the end of the story, but it is a good
> beginning. ;-)

OK.

Stefan