ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/dotnet WsdlToDotnet.java
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2004 10:34:31 GMT
On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Steve Loughran <stevel@apache.org> wrote:

> get a copy of vmware. run windows in a box.

That would be my last resort.

> you dont need vs.net if you get the .net sdk and the latest WSE
> toolkit, then use nant+nunit. the .net sdk comes with enough of
> vs.net to do debugging.

At least for the limited coding part I expect to do (I'm more on the
architecting, designing and project managing side for this project) it
seems Ant and Mono could do - I have three quarters of a working
<nunit> task ready with <dotnetexec> from our sandbox alone.  My goal
is to make it 100% (at least for my needs) rather soon.

> Finally, use axis to generate JUnit test cases against your .net
> service, even you expect to have a .net client. It tests for
> interop, see.

Yes, absolutely.

Stefan