ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SubAnt output
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 07:31:08 GMT
On Thu, 1 Jul 2004, Dominique Devienne <DDevienne@lgc.com> wrote:
> Even though it's a bit late, I would like this patch to make it to
> 1.6.2. Does anyone object?

It's in, even if it doesn't go into 1.6.2 RC (no idea whether antoine
has started to work on it already).

> I would have thought that executing the nested Ant would have been
> enough to properly nest the messages.

No.

The output is dispatched to the task associated with the thread(group)
- and the association happens when the taskStarted event is fired.
When you delegate to another task's execute, this task will not fire
taskStarted.  So even if you delegate execute to Ant, the delegating
task's I/O handling methods will get called.

Take a look at Conor's great article
<http://codefeed.com/blog/archives/000068.html#more>.

Stefan