ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Jose Alberto Fernandez" <jalbe...@cellectivity.com>
Subject RE: new Task subclass
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 11:12:31 GMT
> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
>
> On Thu, 22 Jul 2004, Jose Alberto Fernandez
> <jalberto@cellectivity.com> wrote:
>
> > As per if/unless itself, I really would like to explore
> more what some
> > people have suggested about having a richer language than just
> > set/unset.
>
> PropertyHelper?
>
> IOW, I think we already have the infrastructure needed to do
> that in Ant's core.

Yeap.

Still, do if/unless get property expanded (do not remember anymore).
What nice syntaxes are out there for a PropertyHelper? (does it has to
become core?)
Can we make antlibs play nice?

I still will like to address those questions ...

For example, if property expansion is ON, the current code expects as
the result of the expansion the name of a property (to check if set or
not).
So how does that work for expression evaluation? Does the expression
must evaluate
to a "property-name" that is guaranteed to exists/non-exists? Some sort
of
ANT constants? That may be too much of a hack. Maybe we need something
different and change what if/unless does. But it may not be feasible due
to BC.

So, PropertyHelper in not the end of the story, but it is a good
beginning. ;-)

Jose Alberto