ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Xalan1/2.jar
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2004 13:42:04 GMT
> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]
> On Thu, 29 Jul 2004, Dominique Devienne <DDevienne@lgc.com> wrote:
> > ant-xalan2.jar has disappeared in Ant 1.6.2,
> since its contents really only depend on TraX and not on Xalan at all.
> I think I've noted that in WHATSNEW.

Indeed Stefan. I should have checked there. I was importing Ant 1.6.2 in
CVS and thus noted the differences. I guess the other issue of having
Xalan1Executor twice in different jars is harmless. Thanks, --DD

PS: Note that Xalan2Executor is also included twice then, in
ant-junit.jar
    and ant-trax.jar (I almost missed it... I can't read ;-)

PPS: How many other classes are duplicated in Ant's install???

Changes from Ant 1.6.1 to Ant 1.6.2
Changes that could break older environments:
* ant-xalan2.jar has been removed since the only class contained in it
  didn't depend on Xalan-J 2 at all.  Its sole dependency has always
  been TraX and so it has been merged into ant-trax.jar.