ant-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JIRA migration
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2004 09:55:21 GMT
Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Are we going to migrate to JIRA ?
>
> A number of Apache projects are using JIRA (for instance gump and xerces).
>
> I wonder whether we should start a new vote on this issue, or is there a
> compelling reason to stay with Bugzilla ?
>
> I did not see any conclusions concerning the vote in January, where I saw
> 3+1s or 2+1s and a -1 (not sure how to interprete the last email of Steve
> about it [5].
>
> Antoine

I am +1.

We are using jira at work as well, very nippy when running on a local
box, and it has an automatic binding to CVS provided you are (a)
rigorous about bug IDs in checkins and (b) have bug strings which dont
crop up in unrelated messages. The latter is harder than you think if it
find SF*3 for a bug SF-3, and some acronym like "sf" gets used a lot.