ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey N. Solofnenko" <A.Solofne...@mdl.com>
Subject topoSort(String[]) produces duplicated targets
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 18:35:43 GMT
Hello,

  I have a patch (Bug 21421) that allows to run several targets without
rerunning their dependencies. Now with new <ant> is supposed to do the
same and there is a new topoSort() with array of targets. I tried to use
it, but it is not much better that previous implementation - all the
common dependencies are re-executed. This is an example:

  <target name="t1">
    <echo>t1</echo>
  </target>
  <target name="t2">
    <echo>t2</echo>
  </target>
  <target name="t3" depends="t1,t2">
    <echo>t3</echo>
  </target>
  <target name="t4" depends="t1,t2">
    <echo>t4</echo>
  </target>

topoSort(new String["t3", "t4"], targets) returns ("t1", "t2", "t3",
"t1", "t2", "t4") instead of ("t1", "t2", "t3", "t4"). I think it is
important not to run the same targets over and over again. Is it an
expected behaviour?

- Alexey.