ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Alexey N. Solofnenko" <>
Subject topoSort(String[]) produces duplicated targets
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 18:35:43 GMT

  I have a patch (Bug 21421) that allows to run several targets without
rerunning their dependencies. Now with new <ant> is supposed to do the
same and there is a new topoSort() with array of targets. I tried to use
it, but it is not much better that previous implementation - all the
common dependencies are re-executed. This is an example:

  <target name="t1">
  <target name="t2">
  <target name="t3" depends="t1,t2">
  <target name="t4" depends="t1,t2">

topoSort(new String["t3", "t4"], targets) returns ("t1", "t2", "t3",
"t1", "t2", "t4") instead of ("t1", "t2", "t3", "t4"). I think it is
important not to run the same targets over and over again. Is it an
expected behaviour?

- Alexey.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: