ant-dev mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <anto...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: New attribute for DifferentSelector
Date Fri, 02 Jul 2004 08:14:00 GMT
The depend selector is asymetric between source and target.

The different selector is not.

For instance :

- the different selector returns true if the source exist and the target
does not, but also
if the source does not exist and the target does

- the different selector, if it compares timestamps, returns true when
timestamps differ,
regardless of whether the source file is more recent than the target or
the contrary.

On top of that the different selector can compare filesizes, which the
depend selector does not do,
but is not a time expensive operation.

What I want to achieve with this ignorecontents attribute on different
is the ability to select quickly
files which need to be synched, without comparing contents.

Cheers,

Antoine