ant-dev mailing list archives

From Barry Andrews <titanandr...@earthlink.net>
Subject BeanGen
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 14:55:36 GMT
Hi Dev,

   I have a task that I wrote that will take a file containing types and identifiers and creates
a compilable Java source file with all the getter/setter methods. Saves me a lot of typing.
 So the task looks like this: (minus a couple other options)
<target name="test">
      <taskdef name="BeanGen" classname="swerdna.ant.BeanGen" classpath="${jar}"/>
        <BeanGen input_file="test.txt" package="swerdna.test" srcdir="src" class="Test">

        </BeanGen>
  </target>

The test.txt file looks like this:
int id
String name

and from that I generate the following code.

package swerdna.test;

import java.io.Serializable;

public class Test implements Serializable
{
    private String m_strname;
    private int m_nid;

    public Test()
    {

    }

    public void setName(String name)
    {
        m_strname = name;
    }

    public String getName()
    {
        return m_strname;
    }

    public void setId(int id)
    {
        m_nid = id;
    }

    public int getId()
    {
        return m_nid;
    }

    public boolean equals(Object obj)
    {
        //TODO Implement
        return false;
    }

    public int hashCode()
    {
        //TODO Implement
        return 0;
    }

    public String toString()
    {
        //TODO Implement
        return null;
    }

}

If anyone thinks this task has any value and wants to take the time and effort to do all the
required steps to get it in the package I will gladly submit the source code.  Or maybe someone
else had already thought of this task? If so that's fine. Just thought I would make it known.

thanks,

Barry