ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: new Task subclass
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 14:58:01 GMT
[SNIP]
> if/unless on a task or a nested element of a task
> are normal
> attributes and as such get expanded.  if/unless on
> <target> doesn't
> get expanded.

Doh, that's right.... back to THAT big argument again.
 But if the same principles apply, <target> would be
restricted from expression evaluation for the same
reasons as it is restricted from property evaluation,
no?

Also, let me add this reminder to the discussion:
IMHO we should be able to completely substitute Ant's
PropertyHelper, and further we should be able to do it
using Definitions and References, i.e. with current
infrastructure, and without writing Java code, but due
to the nature of what a PropertyHelper is/does,
combined with the fact that references are set before
elements are resolved (and possibly other factors?),
*I* couldn't get it to work.  Again, the example is
something like:

<typedef name="myph" classname="my.PropertyHelper"/>
<myph id="ant.PropertyHelper" />

-Matt