ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <>
Subject Re: cvs commit: ant/src/etc/testcases/taskdefs java.xml
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 22:24:44 GMT
--- Antoine Levy-Lambert <> wrote:
> Hi Matt,
> I did this change in java.xml before releasing the
> beta, so if the
> problem happens on your side too,
> maybe you experience the same as me.

Probably.  In the past, the problem became more likely
to occur with heavier load on the machine...

> Jan Matèrne sent also an email about tests he did
> under Win2K with the
> beta and these
> 2 tests in JavaTest also failed for him.
I saw, I cannot duplicate his results however.  Jan:
my comment in the xml about forking refers to the Java
task, not JUnit.  Some oddity with external processes
under 1.2 was responsible for the <apply> failure.  I
have created a workaround for that.

> I wonder whether a stream should not be explicitly
> closed in the nested
> class of JavaTest which is
> the entry point for the 2 tests which have problems.

The stream handling is done by a StreamPumper
constructed with closeWhenExhausted=true, so I don't
see a problem here.  Unfortunately, with all the
issues identified so far, I don't think rc1 is going
to make it.  I will commit my changes...

Do you Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message