ant-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Benson <gudnabr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: ant/src/etc/testcases/taskdefs java.xml
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 15:52:17 GMT
Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> on my PC, it looks like it takes 2 seconds between
the time when a file
> can be found and the time the contents of the file
can be read. Is this
> a caching mechanism ?
> Is this specific of Windows ? Do not know, but I
have had to add this to
> be able to pass the test redirect1 and redirect2
tests.

Antoine:  I, like yourself IIRC, use Windows + cygwin
mostly.  I had seen this task fail very rarely due to
these types of problems and so had let the failure
slide.  If adding the sleep helps, it doesn't surprise
me.  Sorry for any trouble.  Since Yahoo! tricked me
by spam-filtering my Ant mail (funny how long it took
me to realize it) I have been happily chugging along
on new stuff never realizing that I might be holding
up 1.6.2 .  I am installing the beta to run the tests
myself.

Thanks,
Matt