ant-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Jennings <m...@southgatesoftware.com>
Subject Re: new Task subclass
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2004 14:37:23 GMT
> I knew.
> But there is the hierarchy-depth problematic.
> And if ALL tasks should have such a if/unless-handling the right place is
> inside
> oata.Task itself, so all tasks will have that implicit. And why only
tasks?
> Why
> not all ProjectComponents? But we havent any consensus about if/unless
> handling,
> so that wouldnt make sence.
>

> Jan

Thanks again for the feedback! Both <target> and <fail> have if="" and
unless="" attributes.
Is there any chance that these attributes will be changed or removed? Is
there a consensus
about if/unless handling in these components?

Perhaps there is more to the if/unless issue than I originally thought, but
I think that
if="" and unless="" attributes are an excellent, terse way of conditionally
executing
something while keeping the XML human-readable.

I think having setIf and setUnless in ProjectComponent is a good idea, that
way Target and Task
both inherit them.